ANZBMS Densitometry Course
You should consider this course if:
• You have a tertiary education in a science based course,including nursing, and you have not previously receivedformal training for bone densitometry.
• You are currently a DXA operator who has not undertaken formal
training or who is seeking an advanced update of their work practices.
• You are a medical specialist, or specialist registrar in training, withresponsibility for bone density testing and are seeking deeper knowledge of the technological and quality assurance aspects of bone densitometrymeasurements and reporting.
• Participants are provided with the course handbook on CD prior to the commencement of the course and are required to read through all the material before they attend the lecture series.
• Participants then attend a two day lecture & workshop series, which will include a number of interactive sessions.
• An online multiple choice examination is held two weeks after completion of the lecture series.
• Upon completion of the course and achievement of a passmark in the examination, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Clinical Bone Densitometry, which satisfies the requirements of radiation safety legislation in most Australian states.
ANZBMS Clinical Densitometry Course Accreditation process
Download the process
THE SUE KANTOR CLINICAL BONE DENSITOMETRY SCHOLARSHIPThe Australian and New Zealand Bone & Mineral Society (ANZBMS) invites applications for the ANZBMS Sue Kantor Clinical Bone Densitometry Scholarship, which will be awarded to a registrant at the ANZBMS Clinical Bone Densitometry Courses. One scholarship will be awarded to an attendee at the Brisbane Course; 14-15 October, 2017. The successful applicant must agree to having their name placed on the ANZBMS website. The Scholarship provides reimbursement of the full registration fee for attendance at this Course. The decision of the ANZBMS in selecting a successful applicant is final.
2015 Melbourne Award winner - Jenni Palmer