Grants and Awards
Sol Posen Research Award
This Award is named in honour of Professor Sol Posen who was one of the pioneers in the field of bone and mineral endocrinology in this country. Sol Posen’s contributions span the range from basic biochemistry – his citation classic in Clinical Chemistry described the first means of distinguishing alkaline phosphatase of bone origin – to clinical studies in metabolic bone disease, including Paget’s disease, osteoporosis, hyperparathyroidism and tumour-induced osteomalacia. He attended meetings and journal clubs, where his presence was marked, as ever, by his propensity to ask incisive questions.
- The applicant must be a financial member of ANZBMS at the time of the application.
- Research student or within of 5 years of obtaining PhD, Masters, FRACP or equivalent.
- No one paper can receive the award more than once, although applicants can submit the same paper in different years
- Applicants should be the first author.
- The date of publication will be considered as the date that the final ‘print’ version of the manuscript first becomes available online and this date will need to be listed on the application. The 18 month eligibility window for a manuscript is relative to this date.
The award is based on the best paper published in the 18 months prior to the closing date of the award.
CLOSING DATE: 2 July 2018
To apply fill in the online Sol Posen Research Awards Application Form.
Dr Sol Posen
Thao P. Ho-Le
Farzin M Takyar
Tak Sum Cheng